Cyprus is a very attaractive destination to foreign investors for many reasons especially:
1. Highly devloped national infrastructure infra-structure including speedy and efficient access to all of Europe, east and west as well as to countries of the Middle East.
2. Strategic location with quick and efficient access to all of Eurpope, The Middle east and Africa
3. A skilled, educated work force, with a very good command of English.
4. A developed scientific and technological infrastructure
5. A low crime rate.
6. A low cost of living compared to the West.
7. A low rate of corporation tax - 10% and additional tax benefits for investors.
Cyprus Tax Haven
All Cyprus tax residents are taxed on all income accrued or derived from all sources in Cyprus and abroad. Individuals who are not tax residents of Cyprus are only taxed on income accrued from sources in Cyprus. An individual is a tax resident in Cyprus if he/she stays in Cyprus more than 183 days per year.
The following income tax applies to individual:
|Income Euro||Tax Rate||Tax Amount Euro||Accumulated Tax Euro|
|19.501 – 28.000||20%||1.700||1.700|
|28.001 – 36.300||25%||2.075||3.775|
Cyprus Approval of Investments
As a general rule, there is no upper limit on the permitted financial investment or percentage of the investment.
The investment in almost all sectors may be up to 100% of the total project.
Foreign companies (both EU and non EU nationals), can invest in Cyprus with equal terms as local companies.
Foreign residents may purchase property with a maximum area of 2,670 square meters. A special permit is required for a larger area.
An investment in Cyprus real estate property must be made in foreign currency.
Cyprus Tax Benefits
Dividends paid by a Cypriot company to a company overseas are exempt from deduction of tax at source.
Activity in the free trade zone of Larnaka is exempt from customs duties.
20% of salaries of non-residents are tax exempt for the first three years, up to an annual exemption of Euros10,000.
Ships registered under a Cypriot flag have zero tax on profits and dividends received from a ship owning company.
Capital gain from sale of a Cypriot ship, or sale of shares in a ship owning company are tax exempt.